- Russian troops still seek to encircle kyiv where a new curfew is in effect from Monday at 8:00 p.m. local time until Wednesday morning at 7:00 a.m.
- ukraine not “They will not lay down their arms and they will not leave the city” from marioupolsaid his deputy prime minister, ignoring a Russian ultimatum. The European Union has denounced the indiscriminate destruction in the besieged city as a “major war crime” .
- Moscow will not use nuclear weapon in Ukraine only in case of “existential threat” against Russia, Dmitry Peskov said on CNN International on Tuesday. The American channel journalist asked the Kremlin spokesman to say whether he was “sure” Where “convinced” that Russian President Vladimir Putin, with whom he is very close, would not use nuclear weapons in Ukraine.
- Volodymyr Zelensky said in a video released Tuesday night that 100,000 people were living in the besieged city of Mariupol in inhumane conditions without food, water or medicine. He denounced the difficulty of enabling humanitarian corridors to leave the city, due to bombardments or direct attacks. He said workers and bus drivers in a convoy were taken prisoner on Tuesday.
- Mr. Zelensky spoke on Monday with immanuel macron and the Dutch Prime Minister, Mark Rutte, ahead of the G7, NATO and European Union leaders’ summits on Thursday, March 24 to coordinate their « positions ». they will be “Shut up, believe me”he claimed in a video Monday night.
- The Russian tabloid, close to the Kremlin, Komsomolskaya Pravda published, and later withdrew, a report that the Russian Defense Ministry identified 9,861 dead in the Russian Armed Forces since the beginning of the war in Ukraine. The article also reports 16,153 injuries.
- France transported 55 tons of medical equipment, computers, baby milk and generators to Ukraine via Poland on Monday, the French Foreign Ministry announced.
- According to a report from Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, posted overnight from monday to tuesday, 925 civilians have been killed in Ukraine since the beginning of the Russian attack and 1,496 people have been injured. The agency says the true number is likely to be much higher because not many records of information have yet been retrieved.
- Near 3.5 million people they have fled Ukraine since February 24, according to the UN tally released Monday. About 90% of them are women and children (Ukrainians between the ages of 18 and 60 are not allowed to leave their country). Poland alone hosts more than half of the refugees.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
You can find our live yesterday in this link.
Testimonials. In Kharkiv, Ukraine, ‘we were living our normal lives, but it was stolen from us’
Reportage. In Loutsk, the fear of a Belarusian attack
History. Overwhelmed by Ukrainian refugees, the Czech Republic doesn’t want to hear about it “dues” europeans
Grandstand. “Beijing and Moscow are united in visceral resentment towards the United States and ‘the West'”
Reportage. “A peaceful city, they only shoot at the infrastructure, at the inhabitants, they scare them”: in Mykolaiv, the bombings have become daily
Decrypted. Giant game of hide and seek between Russian oligarchs and European authorities
Chronic. « We had to wait for the aggression unleashed by Vladimir Putin against Ukraine to realize the extent of the EU’s energy vulnerability.