- kyiv will send 45 buses to evacuate civilians who want to leave marioupol, a city in southeastern Ukraine, announced Iryna Vereshchuk, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister. The Russian Defense Ministry has announced the establishment of a “silent diet”or a local ceasefire, starting at 10 am Thursday in the besieged Ukrainian port of Mariupol to evacuate civilians.
- The head of French military intelligence, GeneralEric Vidaud, will leave the office Following, in particular, what was judged to be an insufficiency of its services regarding the Russian invasion in Ukraine, Agence France-Presse (AFP) learned from military sources close to the file. A military source confirmed the immediate departure of the head of the Military Intelligence Directorate (DRM), according to information from the site the opinion. The latter cites an internal source from the Ministry of the Armed Forces that evokes “insufficient briefings” and a “lack of knowledge of the subject”.
- ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelenskysaid on Wednesday that he did not believe Moscow’s promises of “drastically reduce” his military activity around kyiv, and that his army was preparing for further fighting in the east of the country. “We don’t believe anyone, not a single pretty phrase”Zelensky said in a video addressed to the nation, adding that Russian forces were regrouping to attack the Donbass region.
- “The Russians used phosphorous shells again today in Marinka”a small town in eastern Ukraine, the head of the military administration of the Donetsk region, Pavel Kyrylenko, said on Telegram. “A dozen fires [causés par ces obus] They were located and controlled by personnel from the National Emergency Service.”he continued. match weapons they are incendiary weapons whose use is prohibited against civilians, but not against military targets, under a convention signed in 1980 in Geneva.
- A senior US Pentagon official said tonight that Russian forces are beginning to withdraw from the Chernobyl nuclear site, who had taken control on the first day of the invasion of Ukraine, February 24, to head to Belarus. The Russian army has also started withdrawing from Hostomel airport, northwest of kyiv, he added.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Factual. The head of French military intelligence leaves his post, for not having sufficiently warned of the risk of war in Ukraine
Analyze. Between NATO, Russia and Ukraine, Erdogan positions himself as a peacemaker
Reportage. To recover or not Kherson, the only city under Russian control: the dilemma of Ukrainian power
Poll. Ukraine-Russia: cinema at the forefront
Decrypted. Ukrainian refugees: UK criticized for slow visa issuance
You can find our live yesterday in this link
“Why is my question not published? “: how “Le Monde” manages the contributions in the live follow-ups