Ukraine War: kyiv Destroys Russian Oil Depot, Luhansk Bombings, 37th Day of Fighting Update

The negotiations between Russians and Ukrainians will resume this Friday, by videoconference, 37 days after the‘invasion of the Ukraine. On Wednesday, the Russians said they were easing their pressure on kyiv and Chernihiv to refocus their forces on Donbass, too. came out of the Chernobyl power plant. The Russian military is repositioning itself in the east for “powerful strikes,” President Zelensky warnedhoping that the country will continue taking “difficult paths”.

The night from Thursday to Friday was relatively quiet in the Kyiv, Volyn, Zakarpattia, Rivne, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Odessa, Zaporizhia, Zhytomyr, Sumy and Dnipropetrovsk regions. But elsewhere, it was again marked by air-raid sirens.

A Ukrainian incursion into Russia

A Russian official accuses Ukraine of carrying out a helicopter attack on a fuel depot in the town of Belgorod, located in western Russia, about 40 km from the border with Ukraine and 80 km from Kharkiv, where fighting is fierce. . “A fire broke out in an oil depot due to an airstrike by two Ukrainian army helicopters that penetrated at low altitude into Russian territory,” the governor of the Belgorod region, Vyacheslav Gladkov, said on his Telegram account. The press service of the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry later clarified that eight tanks were on fire and that 194 rescuers and 59 teams were fighting the fire.

The ministry said that no employees had been injured, contrary to what was said by the governor, who listed two injured. The public company Rosneft, which owns the premises, told Russian news agencies that it had evacuated its staff there.

Residents evacuated from adjacent streets were bussed to a gym. The Russian consumer health monitoring body, Rospotrebnadzor, ensures that it does not detect any concentration of dangerous substances above the maximum authorized limit.

Explosions occurred at an ammunition depot in the Belgorod region on Wednesday, without the Russian authorities clearly explaining the cause of the incident.

Intensive shelling in the separatist region of Luhansk

The cities of Severodonetsk, Rubizhne, Lysychansk, Kreminna and Ivanivka, in particular, suffered “intensive shelling” during the night and early morning, Serhii Haidai, head of the Lugansk regional military administration, said in a press release. “Two people were killed in Severodonetsk, residents of Lysychansk and Toshkivka were injured, four people were rescued,” he said. “There is no centralized water supply in Rubizhne, Popasna, Severodonetsk, part of the Hirske community, and in Lysychansk. Twenty-eight settlements remain without gas supply and 22 without electricity. »

According to him, the Ukrainian forces repulsed attempts by Russian troops to bypass their positions near the settlements of Popasna and Novotoshkivske.

Pretty quiet night in kyiv

According to the British and the Ukrainians, the Russians continue to partially withdraw their units from the north of the capital, have handed over control of Irpin and Makariv to the Ukrainian forces. Ukrainian troops also recaptured Sloboda and Lukashivka, two townships located on a main highway between kyiv and Chernihiv. Therefore, on Thursday, the intensity of Russian shelling decreased during the day, the Ukrainian general staff said.

In Donetsk, the offense is hurting

There were no large-scale offensive operations in the breakaway Donetsk region, the shelling was concentrated on the line of contact between Russian and Ukrainian forces. On Thursday, seven civilians were killed, including a child, and 22 wounded, in Avdiivka, Krasnohorivka, Vugledar and Marinka, where the Russian air force would have used phosphorous projectiles.

The death toll from a strike in Mykolaiv rises even higher

On Tuesday, Russian forces fired a missile at the Mykolaiv regional administration building, where workers in particular worked. On Friday morning, rescuers who dismantled the rubble of the building found three new bodies, bringing the death toll to 27.

Mariupol awaits humanitarian aid

This Friday morning, Russian forces announced again that they were ceasefire to allow the evacuation of civilians stranded in the port city of Mariupol, besieged since February 26. The civilians who have a car are leaving little by little. On Thursday, with police escort, 45 buses left Zaporijjia with food and medicine. First they had to stop at Berdyansk. Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk on Friday accused Russian forces of seizing 14 tons of humanitarian aid from buses and blockading them all. However, 631 people managed to flee Mariupol in private vehicles, taking advantage of the local ceasefire.

Leave a Comment