- More than 6,200 people, including more than 3,000 inhabitants of marioupol, they were able to be evacuated on Friday, through humanitarian corridors, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a video broadcast overnight from Friday to Saturday. More than 150,000 civilians remain trapped in the city besieged by the Russian army. “Europe has no right to remain silent in the face of what is happening in our Mariupol”said Volodymyr Zelensky, who spoke on Friday with Emmanuel Macron.
- a convoy of International Red Crossthat could not reach Mariupol on Friday, will try again to go to the port city on Saturday to evacuate the civilian population plunged into a dramatic humanitarian situation.
- Russian forces are loosening their grip on kyiv and are regrouping to concentrate in the east of the country, where they will face a battle-hardened Ukrainian army, suggesting conflict ” dragged on “, which could last for months, the Pentagon warned. Washington has planned to provide an additional $300 million in military aid to Ukraine.
- an oil depot belgorod, in Russia, was attacked, according to the governor of the region, by Ukrainian helicopters on Friday; an action that will weigh on the talks between the two countries, warned the Kremlin spokesman.
- Ukraine announced on Friday that it had carried out an exchange of eighty-six of his soldiers, including fifteen women, against the Russians, without specifying the number of the latter.
- Roberta Metola, the maltese president of the european parliament, went to kyiv and assured the ukrainian parliament, meeting in extraordinary session, the support of the european institutions. She is the first leader of a European institution to visit the Ukrainian capital since the start of the Russian invasion.
- At least fifty-three cultural sites were damaged in Ukraine since the beginning of the Russian invasion on February 24, according to UNESCO.
- More of 4.1 million Ukrainian refugees have fled their country since the invasion of Ukraine, according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
History. “I didn’t understand why they took me” The mayor of Melitopol, the first elected Ukrainian kidnapped, testifies
Interview. Russian misinformation: “We reacted too late, the Kremlin’s speeches are already too entrenched in France”
Factual. For the IAEA, the withdrawal of Russian troops from Chernobyl is “A step in the right direction”
History. Raw Materials, “last bastion of savage capitalism”
Interview. “Russia is starting a war of attrition”
Grandstand. Jo Nesbo: “The war of stories is a long war. And Vladimir Putin will end up losing it.”
Factual. Belarusian resistance mobilizes for Ukraine
You can find our live yesterday in this Lien
“Why is my question not published? » : comment ” The world “ manage contributions on live tracks