- In the outskirts of kyiv evacuated by the Russian army, the macabre discoveries multiply. According to the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, the lifeless bodies of 410 civilians were found in these territories. His office also reported late Monday the discovery of the bodies of five men with their hands tied in the basement of a children’s sanatorium in boucha. The situation in Borodianka (60 kilometers west of kyiv) would be, according to her, even worse “in terms of victims” than Boucha’s. in the village of Motyjyn The bodies of the mayor of the town, her husband, her son and two other men were found on Monday.
- ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelenskywent on Monday, April 4 to the town of Boutcha, where he denounced “war crimes” it will be “recognized as genocide”. He must speak today before the Security Council de l’ON.
- Russia continues to reject “categorically” all charges. During a press conference at the UN, Russian Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia accused Ukraine of “staging” the bodies of the civilians who died in Boutcha, describing the images and videos of the latter as “thick fakes”however, without testing it.
- The besieged port city of marioupolin the southeast of the country, is destroyed “90%” and “40% of its infrastructure” is it so “irrecoverable”announced this Monday the mayor of the city. Ten civilians were killed and at least forty-six others were injured in the shelling of Mykolaivalso in southern Ukraine, according to its mayor.
- The United States, Canada and the European Union, after strongly condemning these abuses, have announced that they want strengthen sanctions against Russia. The EU is discussing “emergency” new sanctions against Moscow, demanded in particular by France and Germany. The United States will try to obtain the “suspension” of Russia from the UN Human Rights Council, the US ambassador to the United Nations also announced on Monday. The German state will take temporary control of the German subsidiary of the Russian giant Gazprombecause your “importance to supply” in energy from Germany.
- Lithuania announced on Monday the dismissal of the Russian ambassador, after the “atrocities committed” by Russian soldiers in Ukraine. Plan France and Germany the expulsion of dozens of Russian diplomats of their countries.
- On the ground, the situation is “weather” in all the part of Donbass under Ukrainian control, in the eastwhere the authorities expect a “worsening of the situation”. “The enemy is bombing everywhere”said the governor of the military administration of Donetsk oblast, urging the civilian population to “leave the premises” White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said this new phase of the Russian military offensive “could last months or more”.
- More of 4.2 million Ukrainians fled their country since the invasion ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 24, according to figures from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). UNHCR registered exactly 4,215,047 Ukrainian refugees on Monday. That’s 38,646 more than during Sunday’s previous scoring. Europe has not seen such an influx of refugees since World War II.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Factual. Abuses in Boutcha, Ukraine: many countries accuse Russia, which disputes
Decoded. Europeans are ready for the Russian coal embargo
Reportage. In Tbilisi, Russian exiles do not foresee “can be returned”
History. Tour de France of initiatives in favor of Ukrainian refugees
Decoded. Boutcha massacre: on social media, Moscow’s disinformation operation
Interview. “In Russia, crises are not the exception, they are the rule”
Video. In Boutcha, the streets were transformed into an open-air cemetery
You can find our live yesterday in this link
“Why is my question not published? » : comment ” The world “ manage contributions on live tracks