[Mis à jour le lundi 04 avril 2022 à 15h09] the tax return is still mandatory. Her allows tax authorities to determine the total amount of tax for which you are responsible for the tax year, and thus, know if you have to pay a balance in the summer of 2022, or even if you must adjust your retention rate. This year, the reporting period begins on Thursday, April 7, 2022. The deadlines have been confirmed by the tax administration in its practical brochure. Thursday, May 19, arrives for the 14 million fiscal households that opt for the income statement in paper format. Taxpayers who file online benefit from additional time. The term depends on the number of departments: Tuesday, May 24 (zone 1, departments 01 to 19), Tuesday, May 31, 2022 (zone 2, departments 20 to 54) and Wednesday, June 8, 2022 (zone 3, departments 55 to 976). Whatever your situation, now find your tax ID and password. The first is on your latest income tax notice. They are essential to connect to the private area of the impots.gouv.fr website.
The deadline to file your tax return, it depends on the chosen deposit method. Those who declare their income online benefit from an additional term. Filing online has been compulsory for all filers since 2019. However, the tax authorities expect that some will still be able to use the paper format (see below). The deadline for mailing is on May 19, 2022, the postmark being authentic. The deadlines for declaring income online vary according to the number of the taxpayer’s apartment of residence:
- from 01 to 19 and non-residents (zone 1): May 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- from 20 to 54 (zone 2): May 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- from 55 to 974/976 (zone 3): June 8, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Among the income to mention in your tax return, there are of course those that make up the taxable wagesnamely :
the benefits received in case of unemployment o Early retirement must also be declared to the tax authorities. In addition to the “treatments and salaries“, other categories of income are subject to income tax: pensions and annuitiesincome from securities and capital, capital gains and sundry profits, property incomeincome from non-salaried professions as well as the remuneration of certain company administrators (COUNT and EIRL Among others). Note that not all income must be declared. Those subject to an exemption should not be included on the income tax return.
As of 2019, online tax filing is mandatory for everyone whose primary residence has Internet access. However, the tax administration shows Tolerant with taxpayers who believe they can’t file online:
- those whose primary residence is not equipped with Internet access;
- those who live in an area where there is no mobile service (white zone), are exempt from the obligation to declare their income online until 2024;
- those who do not know how to use the Internet even if they have a connection;
- those who are filing a tax return for the first time and who have not received a letter from the tax authorities with their identifiers to file their taxes online.
Taxpayers who declare on paper, and who are not affected by automatic declaration, they must return their declaration to the public finance center whose address is indicated, even if they have changed their address in the year of declared income. They must then indicate their new address on the first page of the 2042K return (or on page 4 of the 2042K AUTO).
Like the online return, the “paper” return is pre-filled. These are the steps to follow to complete it:
- First stage : Check if the information provided is correct. Otherwise, correct them in the white boxes provided for this purpose.
- Second step : if you have other income (commercial, liberal, agricultural, land …), charges (alimony, donations to charities) or tax reductions to declare, fill them out. Certain income is the subject of a declaration attached to the basic declaration n°2042, in particular:
- Third step : Sign your return and return it. Where to send your statement? To the public finance center whose address is indicated on page 1 of the received form, before the filing deadline.
If you don’t receive a return form, which happens when you file for the first time or when you’ve moved without forwarding your mail, you can download the forms at tax website, or go to the public finance center of your home to pick them up. Please note that as of 2013, you do not need to attach all supporting documents, particularly those related to payment of donations and union dues. However, they must be maintained.
The declaration on the Internet is prefilled by the tax authorities with the marital status, the family situation and the wages and allowances indicated by the employers and social organizations. Who can declare online? Everyone, including 20-25 year olds who previously lived in their parents’ tax home and are filing their income for the first time.
- First stage : meeting in the remote declaration service from your computer or launch the application tax.gouv on your smartphone or tablet.
- Second step : connect to your private space with your tax identification number and password. For those who do not yet have a password, connect to the service using your tax number, your electronic filer number and your income tax reference to choose one. Since 2018 it has been possible to connect to your secure space on the tax website thanks to FranceConnect, a device that allows you to access the online services of different public administrations using the same identifiers: those of the tax website, those of the Social Security site (Ameli .fr), those of the La Poste website or even those of MobileConnect et moi, which allows customers of the Orange network to identify themselves through their mobile phone. To use FranceConnect to connect to your private space on the tax website, click on the corresponding icon on the access portal dedicated to individuals and choose the service through which you wish to identify yourself.
- Third step : Check if the marital status, address and preloaded amounts are correct. If not, correct them directly in the boxes. Please note that the pre-filled return now shows the amount of tax already deducted at source the previous year
- Fourth step : Fill in any other income, expenses, and tax reductions or credits to which you are entitled. Advantage, compared to the paper declaration: when the different types of income received in the year for which the tax is established are indicated, the service presents the corresponding declaration forms on the screen. Once the online declaration is completed, an acknowledgment of receipt is issued and a confirmation email is sent. You can correct it as many times as you want until the report due date.
As of 2020, the traditional tax return is optional for certain taxpayers. Below are the cumulative conditions that users must meet to benefit from automatic tax filing:
- Having been taxed, the year for which the tax is established (2021 for the declaration completed in 2022), in income categories pre-filled by management only (those who receive income from property or the self-employed self-employed are de facto excluded)
- Not having declared changes other than the following in 2021 : a birth, an adoption, the collection of a child of legal age, the collection of alimony.
Please note that users affected by the automatic tax declaration must receive a communication no later than one month before the declaration deadline in force in their department, by email or by postal mail for those who continue to declare their income through of the “paper” form.
You have the possibility of estimating the income tax for which you are responsible in the year, thanks to the simulator made available by the tax authorities. You must be able to complete all your income, your family situation and your deduction at the source, in order to estimate if you are subject to an IRPF balance next summer.
A young person 18 years of age or older will have to file a tax return in their name in 2022 if:
- He is not linked to his parents’ fiscal house.
- Worked in 2021.
Since 2015, first-time filers’ online returns are pre-filled. How to declare? Online, for young people between the ages of 20 and 25 who have received a letter from the Treasury informing them that they can make use of this option, or by returning Form No. 2042, signed and completed, to the public finance center in their place of residence.
The download link to obtain the 2042 declaration of income received in 2020 for free (deer 10330*25) is available. He’s can be downloaded for free in PDF by clicking here. An explanatory note is also available to help you complete your tax form.