The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is soliciting applications from local (KwaZulu-Natal) film producers to be part of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission delegation to the Cannes Film Festival, Pavilion Afriques, which will have place from May 17 to 28, 2022.
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission’s participation in the Cannes Film Festival will be in the Afriques Pavilion, which creates a unique venue for film promotion and trade while highlighting the diversity of African cinema.
The pavilion offers a host of networking and promotional activities, including global networking with like-minded professionals and access to learning opportunities through masterclasses and training.
The space offers KZN Film the opportunity to promote KZN, its films and filmmakers, and offers filmmakers the opportunity to meet and collaborate with other filmmakers, as well as negotiate distribution and financing for their projects.
Pavilion Afriques is the first dedicated tent within the film market section of the Cannes Film Festival dedicated to the film business on the African continent and among its diaspora. He advocates visual storytelling by emerging creators from the African continent.
The Cannes Film Festival offers a date for those interested in the art and influence of films. It has become an international marketplace where producers and distributors can exchange ideas, watch movies and sign contracts.
Shipping opening date: March 31, 2022
Submission Deadline: April 7, 2022
Applications must include the following:
- A fully completed KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Festivals and Markets Application Form.
- All valid documents attached as per the requirements of the application form.
- A motivation to attend the market detailing how your attendance will help your business and/or the desired results of your attendance at the festival.
- The invitation is open to producers with projects for TV series, feature films, short films and feature films. Documentary film projects looking for co-producers, financiers, distributors, or a combination of these.
- Invitation is only open to Tier One, Tier Two, and Tier 3 Producers (working and non-expiring project links must be submitted as proof).
- The invitation is also open to animation producers with projects currently in production or development.
- The producers must present the production package of the project that they will take to the festival.
- The applicant must indicate the stage in which their film is, that is: development / production / completion.
- The detailed CV of the producer or director, the CV/profile of the applicant must demonstrate the previous work carried out and include contactable references.
- Valid proof of residence.
- Certified copy of the passport.
- Attendees must be fully vaccinated or capable of producing negative COVID-19 PCR results prior to boarding.
Send your requests to [email protected]
NB: All KZN Film Commission delegates must submit an attendance report within 14 days of the event.
- Tier One: Experienced filmmakers, who have a proven track record of developing and producing three to five feature films released theatrically, fiction and/or non-fiction for television.
- Level Two: Filmmakers with limited experience but who have developed and produced 1-2 theatrical feature films, fiction and/or non-fiction television, + short films and/or commercials looking to break into feature film development and production.
- Level Three: New entrants to the industry, particularly recent film school graduates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.