game news Gran Turismo 7: Update 1.11 is here, the end of the bad rumours?
All Gran Turismo 7 players have been looking forward to it: update 1.11 has just been implemented. Polyphony Digital had promised many changes to improve the experience…
More money, more purchases
Despite a fairly canonical beginning, Grand Touring 7 will have suffered the anger of his audience after several decidedly clumsy gestures: First, an abnormally long server shutdown, making the game unplayable for two days, then updates drastically reduce race rewards to encourage microtransactions, which are particularly expensive. Decisions that pushed the community to review the bombing: in the face of controversy, Polyphony Digital apologized. and announced an update for early April, which will supposedly clear up some of these big black spots.
This update called 1.11 just went live today, Thursday April 7th. Is this the long-awaited bandage for the players? If we stick to the official description, it is clear that some improvements have been made: firstly, the amounts of money to win in many races have been increased; Similarly, the rewards for Arcade Races, Custom Races, Circuit Experiences, and even Daily Races in Sport mode have been revised upwards. Also note the ability to store 100 million credits in your virtual bank account, up from 20 million previously.
New races have also been added for the World Circuits mode, all as a mission for the eponymous stage, no more and no less than a one-hour endurance race. Finally, note the expansion of the legendary car dealership (now offering twice as much), as well as numerous fixes and gameplay adjustments. Between these, Impossible not to underline the improvement of the physics of the vehicles, in particular after receiving a jump in the rally tests (Of what had been talked about… and not for the better).
All Changes in Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.11
- The number of event rewards in the second half of World Circuits mode has been increased.
- New racing events have been added to World Circuits mode. The new events are:
- World Touring Car 600 Tokyo Expressway East clockwise
- World Touring Car 700 Le Mans 24 Hour Circuit
- World Touring Car 800 Sardinia Road Track A
- Adjusted rewards for arcade races and custom races
2. Circuit experience
- Rewards are now given for clearing all track layouts on Gold or Bronze results. If you have already obtained these results, access the menu and exit with the “Exit” button to collect your prize.
3. Lounge / Fashion Sports
- Rewards in the lobby and daily races have been increased.
- Fixed an issue where spectating while competing in the lobby would not allow you to switch to the “spectator” camera.
- Changed the Nations Cup and Constructors Cup to display the championship specific helmet thumbnail.
- When the Lobby is set to “Training/Endurance Run”, adjust the finish time when the course setting is set to “Time Limit”.
- Changed camera movements before the start of races in daily races when the start is set to “Formation”.
- Added “The Human Comedy” to missions, containing hour-long drag races. “The Human Comedy” will be playable when the player’s collector level is 23. Each drag race event will award up to 1.2 million cr. by event.
- Race information such as starting grid, number of laps or time limit, starting method, etc. they are now displayed in the quick menu of race event missions.
- Best records for time trial events and friend leaderboards are now saved and displayed in /Number of laps format
- Leaderboards have been reset for the following time trial events*
- ・Gone with the Wind – High Speed Ring 30 min.
- The sun also rises – Le Mans 24 min.
- The Sun Also Rises – Bathurst Gr. 3 Battle
5. Game progress
- Increased the maximum limit of credits earned in the game to 100 million Cr.
- New “invitations” received at the dealership now have a time limit of 30 days, instead of 14 days.
6. Used Cars / Legendary Cars
- The number of cars offered at these dealerships is now increasing.
- Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) ’90: Corrected the position and shape of the anti-roll bar installed in “GT Auto”.
- Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT APEX (S.Shigeno Version): Fixed part of the rear wheel design.
- Fixed livery display issues for the following cars. If the car you are currently using is prone to this, it will be fixed when you go to “GT Auto” -> “Car Customization” -> “Save Livery”
- Subaru WRX Gr.B
- Ferrari F430 ’06
- Ferrari F8 Tribute ’19
9． Car Physics Simulation
- Improved physics when landing after jumping, mainly on dirt tracks.
- Fixed an issue where the vehicle speed value displayed on other players’ speedometers in online races would sometimes differ from the actual vehicle speed.
- Fixed an issue where the taillights would not turn off during certain operations, such as after adjusting the muffler on a ’09 Toyota Prius G and ’11 Toyota Aqua S.
10. Car parameters
- Changed anti-lag system setting from ON/OFF to 3 settings, OFF/Weak/Strong.
- Fixed an issue where if you opened the car settings after selecting a part from the tuning shop, but canceled without purchasing it, the name of the created tuning sheet was cleared and the settings were reset.
- Fixed an issue where time penalties were not being issued correctly when taking shortcuts over short distances or performing successive shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where a penalty was still issued for cutting the white line at Goodwood.
- Adjusted the pit stop start position for the trioval at Daytona International Speedway.
- Changed so that the Balance of Performance (BoP) setting can be enabled/disabled when the player’s cars are Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B.
13．Rival Cars (AI)
- Fixed an issue where rival cars that switched to wet tires in wet weather races after a pit stop would have slow acceleration coming out of the pits.
- In road races, measures were put in place for some cars to start earlier or later due to network issues.
- Improved smoke quality in Scapes mode
- Fixed an issue where debris from cockpit view crashes would enter the car.
- Fixed smoke graphics, where it was seen through car windows.
- Until now, the control menu appeared with any button on the controller, but this has been changed so that it now only appears with the confirm and cancel buttons.
- Music will now play in surround sound when the audio output mode is set to “7.1ch Surround” output.
- On PlayStation®4, this playback will be applied when the connected device supports 5.1 or 7.1 channels and the ‘Audio Output Mode’ in ‘Options’ is set to ‘7.1 Surround’.
- On PlayStation®5, this reading will apply when the connected device supports 5.1h or 7.1ch and the “HDMI Device Type” on the console is set to “AV Amplifier”, and the “Number of Channels” is set to ‘5.1 ch ‘ or ‘7.1 channels’.
- Added “Music Play Volume Balance” and “Music Play Master Volume” options to sound volume and playback options for music playback playback.
- Music playback options can now be closed with the undo button.
- Changed so that the “Show Demo Ghost” setting in “Ghost Settings” only shows in Permissions and Walkthrough Experience.
- Added “Temporary Exposure Settings” to Quick Menu settings. The “Temporary Exposure Settings” allows you to temporarily adjust the brightness of the screen in races. Exiting the quick menu will return the game to the original exposure settings.
18．Car pick up
- Added 3 new functions to move the cursor.
- The button will now move the cursor to your current car.
- The L2 or R2 button will move the cursor to the next car already purchased.
- The button will move the cursor to cars with “New” labels.
- Unified replacement bulb brightness in “GT Auto” > “Customize Cars” > “Other Parts” > “Bulb”
- Fixed “Wheely Good Fun” trophy text for “Buy 10 sets of wheels in GT AUTO”
21. Title Screen
- Split the thumbnail image and the news text to display them separately.
22. Steering wheels and pedals
- Functions assigned to additional buttons that are available when installing replacement wheels, such as the Fanatec Club Sport Formula V2 steering wheel on the Fanatec GT DD Pro*.
- Fanatec Podium Advanced Paddle Module Upper Right/Left Paddle Assignment to Turn Signals
- Left/Right toggle switch assignment for toggling and changing MFD functionality
- Analog stick mapping to head rotation
- Additional button assignments are only available when the compatible steering wheel is attached.
- When connecting a wheel such as the Fanatec ClubSport Formula V2 to the Fanatec CSL Elite and Fanatec Podium, change the ‘MFD Change’ function assigned to the left and right rocker switches so that the left rocker switch is assigned to ‘Change function MFD’.
- Various other issues have been resolved.
This page contains affiliate links to some products that JV has selected for you. Each purchase you make by clicking on one of these links will not cost you more, but the e-merchant will pay us a commission.
By Max_CagnardJournalist jeuxvideo.com