Thanks to his tremendous performance against Clermont, the Parisian Mbappé is the player of the day. His teammates Neymar and Messi, Lensois Kalimuendo and Leca, in particular Rennais Bourigeaud, also stood out this weekend and feature in the 31st edition of the typical Maxifoot team.
Mbapp is the player of the day
As in past seasons, after each championship day, Maxifoot makes up their standard team. The best “eleven” and seven alternates are chosen based on their performance. The starters get three points, the substitutes get one point.
12. Marco Bizot (Brest)
13. Caio Henrique (Monaco)
14. Enzo Le Fé (Lorient)
15. Ibrahima Sissoko (Strasbourg)
16. Javairo Dilrosun (Bordeaux)
17. Ibrahima Kon (Lorient)
18. Terem Moffi (Lorient)
Player of the day: Kylian Mbappe (Paris SG)
In impressive form for several weeks, the Parisian striker was still above the Clermont lot. The Frenchman made a difference on every ball and acceleration, causing headaches for the Clermont defense that never knew how to handle calls from him. With a hat-trick, a decisive pass for Neymar and a penalty obtained, he played him to perfection.
Jean-Louis Leca (Lens)
The Lensois goalkeeper was also one of the great architects of RCL’s victory against Nice. Author of six saves in the first half, including two saves at the feet of Niois, he was unstoppable and kept his team alive while suffering. He was intractable again in the second half.
Houboulang Mendes (Lorient)
On the right side, the Lorient side put in a great performance against Saint-Etienne. Defensively, he held his lane well and was fair on his offensive rises, like a goal ball given to Moffi, who completely missed his shot. Rewarded for his effort with a penalty earned on Moffi’s first goal, he remained decisive afterwards with this superb cross for Kon’s equaliser. Still active after the break, the man from Lorient also participated in Kon’s second achievement.
Jonathan Gradit (Lens)
As usual, the Lensois defender did not hesitate to go into battle against Nice. His interventions were invaluable to clear the danger when his team suffered in the first half. Impeccable !
William Saliba (Marseille)
The OM center-back once again starred in a good game against Montpellier. He left only crumbs for the Montpellier attackers throughout the match. His composure in recovering and reading his game to stop opposing offenses were invaluable to his team.
Ricardo Mangas (Bordeaux)
Very active in his left lane against Metz, the Bordeaux piston perfectly fulfilled his role defending well, while bringing danger offensively. It was he who revived Bordeaux with the equalizer, then was behind the second goal that allowed Girondins to take the lead in this match.
Lionel Messi (Paris SG)
The Argentine delighted his fellow attackers Clermont. Author of a decisive pass for Neymar in the first goal, he did it again minutes later in a nice chest pass control sequence to find Mbappé in the second Parisian goal. He thought he would take his turn in the second half but his goal was logically disallowed for an offside position in the action. He finally delivers a decisive third pass for Mbappé late in the game.
Benjamin Bourigeaud (Rennes)
The strong man of Rennes Reims victory! Rather discreet in the weak moment of his people, the former Lensois decided to take matters into his own hands and sound the revolt by returning to the heart of the game to start the actions of his team. A winning choice because the Breton club regained control of the game thanks to him and were rewarded with this header. In the crowd, he was even offered a brace on a shot deflected by Faes.
Cheick Doucour (Lens)
In the first half, the Lensois midfielder spared no effort to help his team resist Nioise’s dominance, making valuable saves in front of his box. After the break, he imitated his team playing higher up, with success. His pass is the source of the opening goal, then he breaks with a superb curling right-footed shot from outside the box, before delivering a decisive pass from Kalimuendo. A complete game!
Neymar (Paris SG)
Active Clermont, the Brazilian had fun touching many balls. He appears to be at his best again and closes out the match with a hat-trick, including a goal from the penalty spot, and a nice decisive pass with the outside of his foot to Mbappe. Very good Neymar!
Arnaud Kalimuendo (Lens)
His entry into the game at the break against Nice changed everything! The Lensois striker immediately had a dangerous chance on his first ball. This set the tone for the second act. Behind, he freed the team from him by opening the scoring and then brought them to safety by scoring the third goal for Sang et Or.
Ranking: Mbappe solid leader…
one. Mbappe (Paris-SG): 27 points
two. claus (Lens) – bed sheet (Montpellier): 23 points
Four. Guendouzi (Marseille): 22 points
5. The edge (Montpellier 1 pt, then Rennes): 20 points
6. marquinhos (Paris-SG): 19 points
7. Lopes (Lion) – lafont (Nantes)- Gouiri (Cute) – Judge , Messi (Paris-SG) – Bourigeaud (Rennes): 16 points
13 Bentez (Cute) – Terrier (Rennes): 15 points
fifteen. fofana (Lens) – Caio Henrique (Monaco) – todibo (Nice): 13 points
18 bofal (Gonna) – saliba (Marseille): 12 points
twenty ben yedder (Monaco) – Girotto , pallois (Nantes)- dante (Cute) – Gueye (Paris-SG) : 11 points
25 Frankowski (Lens) – blah (Nantes)- neymar (Paris-SG) – German , Elderly , Traor (Rennes) – djiku , ajorque (Strasbourg) : 10 points
33. bizot , honor (Brest) – lack (Brest 6 points, then Lyon) – Doucoure (Lens) – David (Short) – Caqueret , Bruno Guimares (Lion) – luan peres , payment (Marseille) – disization (Monaco) – Section , Thuram Ulien (Cute) – The woman (Reims)- Martin , Aguerd (Rennes) – thomasson (Strasbourg) : 9 points
49. bottomman (Short) – Lucas Package (Lion) – Gerson (Marseille) – sack (Montpellier) – kolo muani (Nantes)- blacksmith (Paris-SG) – Countryside (Reims)- Nyamsi (Strasbourg) : 8 points
57. the double (Brest) – Kalimuendo (Lens) – diop (Monaco) – Kluivert , dolberg (Cute) – Rajkovic , abdel hamid (Reims)- Tait (Rennes) – Diallo (Strasbourg) – N´Guessan (Troyes): 7 points
67. cabot (Gonna) – pierre gabriel (Brest) – Seid (Clermont-F.) – dance , Build (Lens) – Gudmundson (Short) – lukeba (Lion) – honor , dieng (Marseille) – Kouyate , Centonza (Metz)- Tchouamni (Monaco) – Irons , Omlin (Montpellier) – Chirivella (Nantes)- Verratti , Nuno Mendes (Paris-SG) – Guirassy , Santa Maria , Omari (Rennes) – Guilbert (Strasbourg) : 6 points
88. Bernardoni (Gonna) – Oudin (Bordeaux) – djoco (Clermont-F.) – Leca (Lens) – A.Onana (Short) – Property of (Marseille) – Green (St-Etienne): 5 points
95. Traor (Gonna) – S. Gregersen , A.Elis , Pembele , Hwang (Bordeaux) – rashani , guests , bay (Clermont-F.) – Sad , undercut (Lens) – Lo Jardim , Renato Sanchez , Tiago Djal (Short) – Mofi (Lorient)- Emerson (Lion) – harit , Rongier (Marseille) – Traore (Metz)- Volland (Monaco) – Souquet , Mavididi (Montpellier) – Delort (Montpellier 3 pts, then Nice) – Simon (Nantes)- Ekitike (Reims)- gummies (Rennes) – Plant , Boudebouz , nordic , Khazri (St Etienne) – Linardo , player , You go out , sissoko (Strasbourg) : 4 points
128. Petkovic , fulgini (Gonna) – Rib , poussin , Richard Sleeves , Guilavogui , Brian , To mix (Bordeaux) – Duverne , M. Satriano , Chardonnay (Brest) – N’Simba , berthomier (Clermont-F.) – Source (Short) – Mendes , Laurent , the goff (Lorient)- Dembele , NDombl , camp store , Boateng , Enthusiasm (Lion) – From the source (Marseille) – Sarr , boulaya (Metz)- fofana , vanderson (Monaco) – German , Ristic , condition (Montpellier) – Merlin , Castelletto (Nantes)- rosary beads , Bard (Cute) – Donnarumma , bouquets , Diallo , Street sweeper , Daniel Pereira , Walls , Kimpembe , by Maria , Navas (Paris-SG) – Munetsi , moreto cassam (Reims)- Truffert (Rennes) – Bouanga , Trauco (St Etienne) – Larouci , boy , ramon , dingoma (Troyes): 3 points
180. J.Onana (Bordeaux) – bra (Brest) – Andrew (Short) – Aouar (Lion) – pau lopez (Marseille) – Fusion (Rennes) – Perrin (Strasbourg) – Gallon (Troyes): 2 points
188. chapel , Mangani , Mendy , For (Gonna) – dilrosun , Judicial (Bordeaux) – cardona , hrelle (Brest) – dosed , Zedadka (Clermont-F.) – Hadara (Lens) – Yilmaz , elik , grbic , wow (Short) – Le Faith , I might , Monconduit , Dreyer , jogging , Innocent (Lorient)- denier , Shakiri (Lion) – Cove-Car , Paul Lirola (Marseille) – by prville , Oukidja (Metz)- golovin , nbel , gelson martins (Monaco) – mollette (Montpellier) – Boudaoui , Lotomba , sheet (Cute) – Zeneli (Reims)- Assignment (Rennes) – kolodziejczak (St Etienne) – price (Strasbourg) – biancone (Troyes): 1 points
Classification by clubs: Paris, Rennes and Nice on the podium…
1. Paris-SG – 146 points
2. Rennes – 133 points
3. Nice – 97 points
4. Marseille – 92 points
5. Lens – 88 points
6. Lyon – 74 points
7.Nantes – 72 points
8. Strasbourg – 69 points
9. Montpelier – 65 points
10. Monaco – 59 points
11. Brest – 50 points
12. Lille – 49 points
13. Bordeaux – 43 points
14. Reims – 42 points
15. Angers – 37 points
16. Clermont-F. – 31 points
17. St-Etienne – 28 points
18. Metz – 24 points
19. Troyes – 22 points
20. Lorient – 19 points
It was the typical team of matchday 31 of Ligue 1. See you next Sunday to discover the typical team of matchday 32!