(Photo credits: Adobe Stock -)
PARIS, April 12 (Reuters) – Stocks to watch on Tuesday on the Paris Stock Exchange and across Europe, where futures point to a lower open:
* AXA AXAF.PA – The shareholder advisory firm ISS recommends voting against the project to increase the salary of Thomas Buberl, CEO of the insurer, judging that his balance does not justify it.
* ESSILORLUXOTTICA ESLX.PA – Luxottica, an entity owned by the Franco-Italian eyewear and optical lens giant, said on Monday that it is preparing to acquire 90.9% of FEDON FDOP.MI and thus enter the eyeglass packaging and case industry.
* CAR MAT ALCAR.PA announced on Monday the launch of a fundraising for an approximate amount of 30 million euros and that it had subscription commitments of up to 22 million euros.
* GERMAN BANK DBKGn.DE COMMERZBANK CBKG.DE – An investor whose identity has not been revealed has launched the sale of more than 5% of his stake in the capital of the two largest German banks, an accountant announced on Monday night. The sale involves 116 million Deutsche Bank shares and 72.5 million Commerzbank shares. According to broker Lang & Schwarz, Deutsche Bank lost 7.2% in pre-market and Commerzbank lost 6.5%.
* ASOS ASOS.L – The online fashion group on Tuesday reported an 87% drop in first-half profit as a result of supply chain disruptions and inflation.
*EASYJET EZJ.L announced on Tuesday that it had trimmed its first-half loss despite the COVID-19 pandemic and rising fuel prices.
* NOKIA NOKIA.HE announced on Tuesday the end of its activities in Russia. nL5N2WA1AA
* Edizione, first shareholder of ATLANTIA ATL.MI and the Blackstone private equity group BX.N could launch a takeover bid this week for the Italian infrastructure group they would like to delist, two sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
* MEGGITT MGGT.L – The European Commission gave the green light on Monday to the proposed acquisition of the British company Meggitt by Parker-Hannifin PH.N for 6,300 million pounds (7,550 million euros) after the US industrial group promised to sell a plant in the United States.
* SIKA SIKA.S Swiss specialist in chemicals for construction, reported on Tuesday a growth in its quarterly turnover of 20% in the first quarter.
* GIVAUDAN GIVN.S a producer of perfumes and flavors, confirmed its medium-term targets on Tuesday and plans further price increases to offset rising raw material costs.
* GROUP OF PAGES PAGE.L he said he expects full-year operating profit to beat market expectations, as the search firm reported first-quarter profit rose 43%.
*STMICROELECTRONICS STM.PA – Barclays downgrades its recommendation to “online weighting” vs. “overweight” and its price target to €38 vs. €65.
*EURAZEO EURA.PA – Goldman Sachs begins to monitor the stock at “neutral”.
UPDATE ON CHANGES TO RECOMMENDATIONS IN PARIS nL5N2WA0JJ
(Written by Laetitia Volga, edited by Jean-Michel Bélot)