- The Russian Defense Ministry admitted having evacuated the entire crew of the cruise Moscowthat the Ukrainian authorities announced that they had hit Neptune missiles on Wednesday night. “The missile cruiser Moscow was seriously damaged by detonation of ammunition caused by the fire”, announced the Ministry of Defense, quoted by the state news agency TASS. The ministry also said an investigation was underway to determine the causes of the fire, refraining from linking it to Ukrainian military activities.
- United States announces a new military aid of 800 millions of dollars including 18 M777 Howitzer cannons, state-of-the-art artillery pieces, 300 Switchblade drones, 500 Javelin missiles and “thousands of other anti-tank systems”. Until now, the United States had been reluctant to deliver the heavy equipment requested by the Ukrainians, for fear of stoking tensions between Washington and Moscow.
- At the same time, Washington defended the use of the term “genocide” to talk President Joe Biden to qualify Russian operations in Ukraine. “I think that once we can get all the evidence together, we will eventually come to the same conclusion as President Biden, because what is happening on the ground is not an accident.”number three in US diplomacy, Victoria Nuland, declared on the CNN channel.
- Ukraine denies the fall of the city of Mariupol. More than 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers have surrendered to Russian forces in the city of Mariupol, a strategic port on the Sea of Azov that has been under siege for weeks, the Russian Defense Ministry said. But Oleksiy Arestovych, adviser to the Ukrainian president, he said on facebook that a hundred military men, members of naval units, had made a breakthrough and joined azov regiment. He added that the city of Mariupol was not completely under the control of Russian troops. This information could not be verified.
- The presidents of Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia in Kyiv. Came to Ukraine to ” to hold “ government “at a decisive moment for this country”. The visit to Kyiv of the German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz, It is, that, always urgently desired, that one of Volodymyr Zelensky’s advisers make it known on Wednesday.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Factual. War in Ukraine: the weapons that made the difference
Reportage. In Russian-occupied Kherson, the dilemma of a depleted population
Decrypted. Finland takes the first step towards NATO candidacy
Chronic. “The diplomacy advocated by Marine Le Pen corresponds to what Putin’s Russia wants”
Portrait. The arrest of Viktor Medvedchuk, pro-Russian deputy and friend of Putin, a strong symbol for Ukrainians
Podcast. War in Ukraine: the “World” answers to your questions
You can find our live yesterday in this link
« Why is my question not published? “: how “Le Monde” manages the contributions in the live follow-ups