- You Moscow, flagship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, sank on Thursday. A senior US Defense Department official said the ship was hit by two Ukrainian missiles, denying Moscow’s version that the cruiser was “heavily damaged” by a fire A Ukrainian army officer reported that the crew could not be evacuated, a version again opposed to that of Russia. According to Washington, “There have been victims, but it is difficult” to know the exact number.
- The Russia threatens to intensify attacks in kyiv. While Moscow said it was concentrating its offensive on Donbass and eastern Ukraine, the Russian Defense Ministry announced on Friday that it had bombed an arms factory near kyiv.
- Russia announced on Friday that it had destroyed a weapon factory in the suburbs of kyiv and assured that the attacks in the capital would intensify to deal with the “attacks” on Russian territory, of which he accuses Ukraine.
- At least seven people were killed and thirty-four others wounded in the Russian shelling of a residential area in Kharkivthe regional governor announced on Friday.
- Almost all the people found dead in boucha were shot dead, said the police chief of the kyiv region.
- The spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry said on Friday that Russian artillery had killed around 30 “Polish mercenaries” in northeastern Ukraine.
- He is “very likely” that Finland is applying to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Finnish European Affairs Minister Tytti Tuppurainen said on Friday.
- The EU is preparing to end its oil purchases from russia sanction it, but the measure is ” complex “ and drink ” many months “European sources told Agence France-Presse on Friday.
- Moscow announced on Friday the expulsion of eighteen diplomats of the representation of the European Union (EU) in Russia.
- Although she was transferred to Lviv in early March following Russia’s military offensive, Embassy of France in Ukraine reopened in kyiv on Friday.
- Russia blocked French radio website RFIwhich disseminates information in fifteen languages, including Russian, amid a wave of repression against critics of the offensive in Ukraine.
- More of five million People have fled Ukraine since the Russian invasion began on February 24, according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). A resumption of civilian evacuations, using nine humanitarian corridorsincluding from the besieged city of Mariupol, it was announced by Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk on Telegram on Thursday.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Reportage. Dnipro, the logistical node of the resistance to the Russian offensive, lives to the rhythm of waves of refugees and bombings
Decoded. Mariupol, the last resistance of the Azov Brigade against the Russian troops
Testimony. Ukrainian exiles in France: “2,000 kilometers from here, I know there is another “house”, the real one”
Poll. Russian chess advances its pawns against Putin
Factual. Germany ill-prepared to stop Russian gas deliveries
Grandstand. “The possible extension of NATO to Ukraine must be seriously considered and discussed”
You can find our live yesterday in this link.
“Why is my question not published? “: how “Le Monde” manages the contributions in the live follow-ups