Bayern wins the title, Strasbourg misses the boat, Guimaraes shines with Newcastle, Angers close to keeping… Discover the best moments from Sunday’s games in Ligue 1 and in Europe.
Bayern will be champions if they beat Dortmund.
The results in Ligue 1 (click on the scoreboard to read the brief or the article about the match): Cute 2-1 Lorient, Troyes 1-1 Strasbourg, Nantes 1-1 Angers, Montpelier 0-0 Rheims, Metz 1-1 Clermont, Lyon 6-1 Bordeaux
The main results in Europe: Chelsea 2-0 Crystal Palace (FA Cup), Atlético 2-1 Espanyol (League), Bielefeld 0-3 Bayern (Bundesliga)
1. Bayern a title win. Five days after his disappointment in the Champions League, Bayern Munich more than caught up by crushing Arminia Bielefeld (0-3). Once it is not customary, Lewandowski was silent in this part as it was Laursen against his field (10th), Gnabry (45th+7) and Musiala (85th) who made the difference. Now 9 points ahead of Dortmund, Bayern will be champions if their great rival succeeds next Saturday. On their calendars.
2. Strasbourg rate le car. In the fight for the podium, Strasbourg missed a great opportunity to get closer to the podium by losing the tie to Troyes (1-1). Although well launched by a penalty from Diallo (56th), the Alsatian club, dominant in general but never able to break, recovered at the end of the match with a penalty from Tardieu (85th). Very bad operation for the RCSA, which is in 5th position with now 3 points less than Rennes, 3rd.
3. Rejoice Guimaraes! If Lyon is worth it in recent weeks, Bruno Guimaraes has fun with Newcastle. Precisely, the Brazilian midfielder scored two goals against Leicester (2-1). Although well bowled by Lookman (19th), the Foxes conceded an equalizer to the former Gone (30th), a goalscorer in added time with a diving header to ignite St James’ Park (90th + 4). The South American has already scored 3 goals with his new club, that’s as much as during his two-year stay in Lyon!
4. Chelsea in the FA Cup final.rarely worried, the Blues logically beat Crystal Palace (2-0) in the second semi-final. Silent for an hour, the European champion made the difference for Loftus-Cheek (65th) and Mount (76th). Thomas Tuchel’s band will find LiverpoolMay 14, in the repeat of the last League Cup final, won on penalties by the Reds. A clash that promises, once again.
5. Anger endures shock. Not sure about maintenance yet, Angers recovered a good point from their trip to Nantes (1-1). A derby that started well for the SCO, led by the infallible Boufal (18th). While Mandrea saved the house many times, Coulibaly ended up blaming the canaries after returning from the locker room (53rd). With now 34 points, Angers will have to make an extra effort to save themselves.
6. One tie, two losers. In the L1 scare match of the day, Metz, 20th, and Clermont, 18th, failed to split (1-1). The red lantern of the Moselle, well stopped after De Prville’s goal (24th), played more than one break with the direct expulsion of Niane (40th). The promoted player, who had tied a few minutes earlier for Dossou (37th), did not take the opportunity to leave the relegation zone. A result that suits no one…
7. Athletic sur le fil!He beat Mallorca (1-0), last weekend, Atlético de Madrid resumed its forward march by beating Espanyol (2-1). Despite a win by Carrasco (52nd), the Spanish champions, outnumbered after the expulsion of Kondogbia (71st), cracked open with a goal from De Tomás (74th). At the end of extra time, Carrasco offered himself a double by scoring from the penalty spot (90º + 8). A very important success in the race for the podium.
8. There are no heroes in the Herault. In the match without real play on Sunday in L1, Montpellier and Reims were unable to find the fault (0-0). The two teams, who no longer have hopes for this season, played the game getting numerous chances, in particular the Champagne team, who scored 9 shots in total. But he lacked the effectiveness in front of the goal to make people tremble. the spectators flocked to La Mosson, which was entitled to the only goalless draw of this 32nd matchday.
9. Nice does not give up. At the end of a globally balanced meeting, Nice snatched a precious victory from Lorient (2-1). Well thrown by a penalty from Delort (54th), the Gymnasium was immediately caught by a fine goal from Laurent. It was when extra time was approaching that the Algerian striker, in a perfect cross from Dolberg, freed Aiglons with a header (88th). A success that allows Nice to take 4th place, 2 points behind Rennes, 3rd. For more information on this match, it’s here!
10. Game, set and match for Lyon. Three days after his elimination from the Europa League, Olympique Lyonnais hit a Bordeaux rouste standard (6-1). They took advantage of Dembl (20, 90 + 1), Toko Ekambi (27, 68), Paquetá (34) and Faivre (46) Incredible defensive mistakes by Girondins to have fun. Mara saved his honor from the penalty spot (85th) but that did not prevent the 19th in the championship from sinking, once again. For more information on this match, it’s here!
What did you think of these results in Ligue 1 and in Europe? Feel free to comment in the comments section below.