Ronaldo hat-trick, Liverpool out of City, Dortmund card, Arsenal falls apart… Discover the highlights of Saturday’s games in Ligue 1 and Europe.
Ronaldo in the Norwich triple.
The main results in Europe: Tottenham 0-1 Brighton, Manchester United 3-2 Norwich, Southampton 1-0 Arsenal (Premier League), Manchester City 2-3 Liverpool (FA Cup), Juventus 1-1 Bologna (Serie A), Dortmund 6-1 Wolfsburg ( Bundesliga)
1. Incredible Ronaldo! Whistled at the start of the match by Manchester United supporters, Cristiano Ronaldo gave the gunpowder something to talk about by scoring a hat-trick against Norwich (3-2). After leading 2-0 thanks to the Portuguese striker (7th, 32nd), the Red Devils saw Dowell (45th+1) and Pukki (52nd) find the foul. In the last quarter of an hour, the five-time Ballon d’Or freed his team with a resounding free kick (76th). A success that allows MU, 5th, to come back 3 points behind Tottenham. Thanks CR7!
2. Liverpool limits Manchester City. After their tie (2-2), in the Premier League, Liverpool beat Manchester City (3-2) in the FA Cup semi-finals. With a renewed eleven, the Citizens sank in the first half about the achievements of Konat (9) and Man (17, 45). Despite goals from Grealish (47th) and Bernardo Silva (90th+1), the English champions failed to catch up. In the final, the Reds will face the winner of the derby between Chelsea Crystal Palace.
3. Dortmund defeated Wolfsburg. A week after his triumph against Stuttgart (2-0), The Ruhr club made only one mouth of Wolfsburg (6-1). Rothe (24′), Witsel (26′), Akanji (28′), Can (35′) and Hland (38′, 54′) scored for the Marsupials while Baku (82′) saved the honor for the Wolves by Full Time. match. With this success, BvB consolidates its 2nd place with a provisional advantage of 11 points over his first pursuer, Leverkusen. Towards a free season finale for BvB?
4. Arsenal croule… After a spectacular comeback, Arsenal conceded a third consecutive defeat on the lawn of Southampton (1-0). Despite a very clear dominance, the Gunners never managed to find the fault and cracked on a play by Bednarek before the break (44th). While still dreaming of returning to C1, the London club, 6th, has just questioned three pranksters but he can still move up to Tottenham, 4th, if he wins against Chelsea on Wednesday.
5. Tottenham’s bad move. After four consecutive wins, Tottenham was surprised at home by Brighton (0-1). The London club, which had 12 goals scored in three games, did not show much and could not hope to win with only 5 shots, including zero on goal. More dangerous, the visitors were rewarded late in the match thanks to a goal from Trossard (90th). With this setback, Spurs remain fourth with 3 points more than Manchester United. A real underachiever…
6. Juventus let the title slip away. While there was little hope for the title, Juventus made it fly by conceding a draw against Bologna (1-1). Surprised in a goal by Arnautovic (52nd). la Vieja, well helped by the exclusions of Soumaoro and Medel at the end of the match, finally tied in extra time through Vlahovic (90º+5). A lesser evil for the Bianconeri, 4th, who will now have to look back. Shame.
7. Greens are still alive.After two beatings suffered against Olympique de Marseille (1-4) and Lorient (6-2), Saint-tienne made a good move by beating Brest (2-1). Surprised by the ex of the house, Honorat (8th), the Greens could count on the return of the exile, Camara, author of a double in two corners of Bouanga (14th, 39th). With this victory, ASSE leaves the relegation zone and is placed in 17th place. For more information on this match, it’s here!
8. The Lens derby! In a boiling northern derby, Lens beat Lille (1-2). Well thrown by Frankowski (4th), the Sang-et-Or made the break from Kalimuendo (37th). Before the break, Xeka gave hope to the French champion (45th+1). In vain as the Mastiffs failed to shake their neighbors in the second half. A big blow for Lens, who have won all three of their derbies against LOSC this season. For more information on this match, it’s here!
What did you think of these results in Ligue 1 and in Europe? Feel free to comment in the comments section below.