- The battle for control of the city of marioupol continues, raising fears of heavy human loss on the Ukrainian side. On Sunday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Moscow of wanting “annihilate other cities” from the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts and seek ” destroy “ the Donbas. Everything will be done to defend this region, he promised. A Mariupol policeman, Mykhailo Verchynin, claims that “many civilians, including women, children, babies and the elderly,” they are rooted in the Azovstal complex.
- Russia also continued its bombing, Saturday and Sunday, targeting targets in eight regions of Ukraine. In kyiv, one person was killed and several more wounded, in the Darnytsky raïon (administrative district), and an arms factory was attacked. In Kharkiv (northeast), Ukraine’s second city, at least five people were killed on Sunday and twenty others were injured in a series of Russian attacks, said regional governor Oleh Synehoubov.
- There is no humanitarian corridor on Sunday. Ukrainian authorities announced on Sunday the suspension of humanitarian corridors for the evacuation of civilians from eastern Ukraine, due to lack of agreement with the Russian army on the cessation of shooting. “This morning we failed to negotiate a ceasefire on the evacuation routes with the occupants. That is why, unfortunately, today we will not open any humanitarian corridor.”Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk explained on Telegram.
- The Ukrainian president said in an interview with the CNN broadcast on Sunday that he had invited Emmanuel Macron to visit Ukraine see with their own eyes that the Russian forces are committing a “genocide”a term that the French president has so far refused to use.
- On Saturday, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) announced that 40,200 additional people he had fled the Ukraine within twenty-four hours. In total, since the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 4,836,445 people have fled the country.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Reportage. Dnipro, the logistical node of the resistance to the Russian offensive, lives to the rhythm of waves of refugees and bombings
Decoded. Mariupol, the last resistance of the Azov Brigade against the Russian troops
Testimony. Ukrainian exiles in France: “2,000 kilometers from here, I know there is another “home”the real “
Poll. Russian chess advances its pawns against Putin
Analyze. War in Ukraine: possible military scenarios in the Donbass
Grandstand. “The possible extension of NATO to Ukraine must be seriously considered and discussed”
You can find our live yesterday in this link.
“Why is my question not published? » : commentary ” The world “ manage contributions on live tracks