International scholarship from the University of Helsinki in Finland 2022/2023 – fully funded –
Apply for the University of Helsinki International Scholarship to obtain a full exemption from tuition to study in Finland. The University of Helsinki is pleased to announce its full tuition exemption program for eligible international scholarships registering for the 2022/2023 academic session. Some of the prizes are fully funded grants made available by external donors and full tuition fees covered.
This scholarship is very competitive and applicable to international students who wish to pursue a master’s program at the University.
- Sponsor(s) of the scholarship: University of Helsinki, Finland
- Host institution(s): University of Helsinki, Finland
- Value of the stock exchange: Varies
- Number of rewards: several
- Level of study: Master
- Nationality: International students
International Scholarship from the University of Helsinki 2022 | DETAILS
The scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the EU / EEA and Switzerland who wish to follow a master’s program at the University of Helsinki. The duration of the scholarship is two years. For all scholarships, students are required to study full-time (earn at least 55 ECTS per year) to meet the requirements of the scholarship. After the first year of study, the progress of your studies will be checked and, depending on your progress, the scholarship will be continued.
Eligibility and selection criteria
Interested candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria for the International Full Tuition University of Helsinki scholarship in Finland
- Candidates must be international students.
- You are eligible for the Master’s program at the University of Helsinki.
- You are liable for tuition fees: citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent resident status in the EU/EEA area are liable for tuition fees. You can consult the FAQ on the Study info website to find out whether or not you have to pay tuition fees.
- You meet the conditions for obtaining an entry visa and a residence permit for Finland.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove it in your application.
The selection criteria
Scholarships for new students will be awarded on the basis of an overall academic assessment: previous academic performance and any letters of motivation, in addition to the reasons presented by candidates in their scholarship applications, will be taken into consideration.
You can only receive a scholarship in one category for which you have applied, but you can apply for several scholarship categories.
- The master’s program conducts an academic evaluation of your diploma application and scholarship application.
- The master’s program makes a proposal to the scholarship committee regarding the scholarship application.
- The Scholarship Committee makes the final decision on the scholarship.
If you receive a scholarship, you will receive an official acceptance letter containing information about the status of your scholarship.
Advantages of the scholarship
- Fully funded grant (school fees + 10,000 EUR)
- Full grant for tuition fees
- Student Union membership fees (HYY), including
- free or very affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
- discounts on student meals in Unicafé restaurants
- reductions in public transport
- Unisport services at low prices.
The University of Helsinki offers all scholarship holders the opportunity to participate in the University of Helsinki’sstudent ambassador program.
- How to apply: To be part of this award for the International Full Tuition University of Helsinki in Finland, candidates must find the master’s program they wish to apply for via the degree research program.
- Consult the instructions for applying for the master’s program and prepare the necessary attachments.
- Apply for a scholarship with the same application form as the one used to apply for the master’s program.
- Submit all the required attachments.
- Application deadline: November 4, 2022